If you recently bought a laptop/notebook and little worry about its dust prone LCD screen then you probably searching for a tutorial on how to clean your LCD screen without
If you recently bought a laptop/notebook and little worry about its dust prone LCD screen then you probably searching for a tutorial on how to clean your LCD screen without damaging it or what to do and what should not. If that is the case then I have few thoughts to share with you.
First of all, you should know, you can either use household item to clean it or commercial kits to complete the task. Whichever method you choose, you should know following things:
1. Cleaning product that contains any alcohol, ammonia or other strong solvent is no longer recommended by manufacturer. You should understand LCD is not glasses that you used to clean with dry soft cloth.
2. When thinking about cleaning liquid, if you planning to use household item then try distilled water or a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and distilled water. Don’t even try to use tap water, it contain minerals which can damage your LCD screen or put permanent mineral spot on it.
3. Don’t dare to spray liquid directly on LCD screen. It may lead a permanent damage on LCD screen. Apply it on cloth.
4. When thinking about cloth for cleaning, it’s advised to use microfiber cloth. You can try an old pure cotton made T-shirt, a lint-free microfiber cloth, a disposable cloth (available on drugstore) or similar. Lint-free lens wipes that you use to clean your camera can also be use to clean LCD Screen. Always avoid to use Tissues, napkins, and other paper products.
If you already get your available cleaning option then first power off your LCD TV or notebook. To make thing safer unplug it from the power adapter and remove the laptop/notebook battery. Now try liquid on wiping cloth. Do not make the cloth wet, only moist it.
Use even pressure while cleaning your LCD screen. Use cloth against the screen in a circular, or other consistent motion. Only put gentle pressure, pressing hard may damage your LCD screen.
After completing your LCD cleaning job, make sure your LCD screen is dry before closing it or turning it on. To make it dry, you can use dry lint-free fabric that we already suggested on point 4.
If you follow above tips properly while clean LCD monitors, TVs, Plasma TVs, and any LCD screen then there will be no permanent scratch or damage of LCD pixel will happen.
You may also like:
- Batch Clean Empty Folders With JoseDelEmpty
- Turn Off Laptop/Notebook Display With Shortcut
- Free Tool To Clean Privacy Stealer Flash Cookies From your Computer
- Import and display track data from GPS devices to PC with GPS Track Viewer
- Memory Cleaner can clean system memory smartly