Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari, all these are mostly used Internet Browsers and all these browsers have a default download location setting. While user download anything from
Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari, all these are mostly used Internet Browsers and all these browsers have a default download location setting. While user download anything from Internet, its store it into that folder. It’s always better idea to change the default download location(is system drive) to your desired location as if you need to reinstall your OS, you don’t lose your download.
The following tutorial will help you to change default download location in all the above browsers.
Internet Explorer (IE): Before IE9 there was no default setting for download location except editing registry value. IE stores the last saved location, you can use that to store downloads. If you are an IE9 user, you can now change the default download location using menu option.
For IE9 Users: To specify a default download location in IE9-
Go to Tools menu or press Alt+X and click on View Downloads, click on Options and select the download location using ‘Browse’.
For IE8 Users: To specify a default download location in IE8 and earlier-
1. Go to Start– Run– Type Regedit and press enter
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Software –> Microsoft –> Internet Explorer
3. Go to Edit menu –> New –> String Value –> Type Download Directory
4. In set value type the full path of desired location
5. Log Off or Restart windows to take effect.
Mozila Firefox: To change the default download location in Firefox-
1. Go to Tools menu–> Options
2. Under General Tab turn on the option “Save files to” and select the desired location using ‘Browse’.
Google Chrome: To change the default download location in Google Chrome-
1. Go to Chrome Options menu from top right corner of chrome window
2. Go to “Under the hood” tab and change the default path from download option.
Opera: To set default download location in Opera-
1. Go to Menu– Settings– Preferences or press Ctrl+F12
2. Go to Advance tab, click on downloads and select download location.
Safari: To change the default download location in Safari-
1. Go to Preferences from top right corner of the window.
2. Under General tab select other to specify a location from ‘Save downloaded files to’ section.
You may also like:
- Put Safari Style RSS Feed Subscription on Chrome (Chrome Extension)
- How to make safari allow keyword query search like Chrome
- Browser Speed War: Chrome vs Opera Potato Challenge
- How To Change Windows Update Default Setting On Windows 7?
- Get relevant link with BetterLinks- Extension for Firefox & Chrome