An official firmware update S5360XXLI2 Android 2.3.6 rolled out for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. This latest update bring several security fixes as well as improve overall performance of S5360 smartphone.
An official firmware update S5360XXLI2 Android 2.3.6 rolled out for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. This latest update bring several security fixes as well as improve overall performance of S5360 smartphone. Firmware updates are also very good option to unroot device or unbrick device when brick happen due to software issue. Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is an affordable Android smart phone that feature 3.0 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen display, 830 MHz ARMv6 processor and 290MB of RAM. The smartphone comes with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread out of the box.
In this article we will provide you necessary instruction that you can use to update your Galaxy Y S5360 to XXLI2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware. The update is available as OTA update but for some reason if you’re unable to update your device automatically then this article is for you. To achieve our purpose we will use a tool called ODIN which developed to work on Windows operating system. Using ODIN software we will flash this official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware. However, the instructed process may erase installed apps and personal settings. That’s why you should follow this guide carefully to backup and restore data.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Y, model number S5360. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Android 2.3.6 XXLI2 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
- Backup SMS, Contact, Call Log, System Setting, APN and MMS Settings. You can follow our complete Android backup guide.
- The device should have at least 80% battery power. To check battery percentage dial *#*#4636#*#*, then tap on Battery Information.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. To do so, follow this path: Settings » Applications » Development » USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Y USB driver is installed in your PC. If not then install Kies.
If you followed what we mentioned above then you are ready to move on the next stage of this guide where you will learn the steps that required to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to S5360XXLI2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread official firmware.
File Required(For download click on link)
- S5360XXLI2 Firmware For Galaxy Y S5360
- ODIN v1.85
How to update Galaxy Y S5360 to XXLI2 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware
- First of all, extract downloaded firmware zip file; you will get a .tar file along with some other files.
- Now extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder.
- Next, power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put your Galaxy Y S5360 in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power button together. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- It’s now time to run Odin3 v1.85.exe (see Step 2). Run it as an Administrator to to complete the process smoothly. Right click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to get ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Now connect your Galaxy Y S5360 with your PC using USB cable. A massage will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” massage in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select the following files from S5360XXLI2 folder [see Step 1] in Odin at respective options:
- Click the PDA button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name.
- Click the Phone button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file).
- Click the CSC button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file).
- Click the PIT button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- Now, in ODIN window make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that mentioned on Step 7 and Step 8. once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Y, model number S5360 should now run on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build S5360XXLI2. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
If you see reach step 10 but your Samsung Galaxy Y still not booting normally then you should boot into recovery and select wipe data/factory reset. In most cases this tip solve booting issue.
You may also like:
- Firmware Changer 4.0 Can Change Your Firmware Version without Actual Update
- iReb – Bypass iTunes restore error during firmware update (Jailbroken iPhone)
- How To Connect Samsung Galaxy phone To PC
- Download iPhone OS 3.0.1 Firmware Now
- Easily Update ASUS Motherboard BIOS With ASUS Update