Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10 (US WiFi), model number P5113 that come with Android 4.0.3 ICS out of the box can now be upgraded to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean using
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10 (US WiFi), model number P5113 that come with Android 4.0.3 ICS out of the box can now be upgraded to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean using custom firmware AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean. AOKP is one of the most use custom ROM that comes with lot of customization to enhance the performance and use experience of you’re your Android device.
The latest build which is AOKP build 5 comes with some new feature which is listed below:
- Custom NavBar for Tablets
- NavBar widgets are back from ICS
- Highly customizable Lockscreen Ring targets, with a shiny new editor in ROMControl!
- Alternate default app picker (like in GB)
- Menu UI Overflow Toggle
- Option to disable vibration for Notification expansion
- RAM Bar in the Recents panel
- Timeout and instant lock options for Slide lock
- Tons of beautiful new icons by Kwes
- VPN Traffic amount in human readable format
The final version of AOKP Jelly Bean ROM yet to come, so you can expect more features in upcoming updates.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab 2 10 (US WiFi), model number P5113. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About tablet. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Backup SMS, Contact, Call Log, System Setting, APN and MMS Settings. You can follow our complete Android backup guide.
- The device should have at least 80% battery power. To check battery percentage dial *#*#4636#*#*, then tap on Battery Information.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. To do so, follow this path: Settings » Applications » Development » USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10 P5113 USB driver is installed in your PC. If not then install Kies.
- Your device is rooted and have ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
If you followed what we mentioned above then you are ready to move on the next stage of this guide where you will learn the steps that required to install AOKP build 5 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10 P5113.
File Required(For download click on link)
- AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean For Galaxy Tab 2 10 P5113 [Filename: aokp_p5113_jb_build-5.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip]
How to install AOKP build 5 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10 P5113
- First of all, connect your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to PC using USB cable.
- Now, copy downloaded zip files to the SD card of your tablet. Important: Don’t extract any file.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your tablet.
- Next, boot into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together.When Samsung logo appear release Power key but keep holding Volume Down button. Soon, you should see CWM recovery screen. In recovery, use Volume keys to highlight different option and Power button to select an option.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is completed. After that, from the main CWM recovery screen, select Advanced and then Wipe Dalvik Cache. Select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Again, wait few minutes till the data wipe process is completed.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the AOKP zip (aokp_p5113_jb_build-5.zip) file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet and boot up into customized Jelly Bean ROM AOKP. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Galaxy Tab 2 10 (US WiFi), model number P5113 should now run on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM AOKP build 5. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this ROM update.
You may also like:
- Samsung GALAXY Tab Comes To India
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Announced – Full Specification
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Coming To USA On November 10 via T-Mobile
- Preview and Navigate Tab Contents in Firefox with Tab Scope
- S5360XXLI2 Firmware Update Android 2.3.6 For Galaxy Y S5360 [How To]