If you recently upgraded your Galaxy S3 I9300 with latest firmware build I9300XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean then the next step should be root this firmware. A rooted Android device
If you recently upgraded your Galaxy S3 I9300 with latest firmware build I9300XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean then the next step should be root this firmware. A rooted Android device offer complete control on the device as wee as offer freedom of uses. You can then install root required apps. In this guide we not only instruct you to root I9300XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware but this tutorial also help you install ClockworkMod Recovery which is essential to install custom ROMs, MODs and system task.
To achieve our purpose we will use a tool called ODIN which developed to work on Windows operating system. Using ODIN software we will flash a small file called CF-Root that will do the job . However, the instructed process may (very unlikely) erase installed apps and personal settings. That’s why you should follow this guide carefully to backup and restore data.
What CF-Root Install
- Root: SuperSU
- Recovery: ClockWorkMod
- Utility: CWM Manager
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S3, model number I9300. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Root Warning: Root access void your manufacturer warranty. However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying related unroot process or by installing official firmware updates. You can confirm rooted device by installing “Root Checker” app that available for download from Google PLAY store for free.
- Backup SMS, Contact, Call Log, System Setting, APN and MMS Settings. You can follow our complete Android backup guide.
- The device should have at least 80% battery power. To check battery percentage dial *#*#4636#*#*, then tap on Battery Information.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. To do so, follow this path: Settings » Applications » Development » USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 USB driver is installed in your PC. If not then install Kies.
If you followed what we mentioned above then you are ready to move on the next stage of this guide where you will learn the steps that required to root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 on I9300XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware and install CWM Recovery.
File Required(For download click on link)
- CF-Root to root I9300XXDLIH firmware [Filename: CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip]
- ODIN v1.85
How to root Galaxy S3 I9300 to Jelly Bean XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Official Firmware
- First of all, extract CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip and you will get a file with .tar extension under extracted folder.
- Now, extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder
- Next, power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put your Galaxy S3 I9300 in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power button together. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- It’s now time to run Odin3 v1.85.exe (see Step 2). Run it as an Administrator to to complete the process smoothly. Right click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to get ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 with your PC using USB cable. A massage will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” massage in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select the following file in Odin at respective options:
- Click the PDA button, and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar file that you downloaded earlier.
- Now, in ODIN window make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that mentioned on Step 7 and Step 8. Once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy S3, model number I9300 that running on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build I9300XXDLIH is now rooted and ClockworkMod recovery installed on it. You should install SuperSU app from play store if your App drawer not show the same after rooting. You can now install apps that require root access as well as enjoy custom ROMs.
You may also like:
- How To Update Galaxy S3 I9300 XXDLIH Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 Official Firmware
- Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 XXALIH Android 4.1.1 Official Firmware
- Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 XXALJ3 Android 4.1.1 Official Firmware
- How To Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 XXALIH Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- How To Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 XXALJ3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean